Friday, June 24, 2011

Checking In...Briefly

Hey everybody.


I realize I've been a bit MIA for the past week/week and a half. Everyone here has had their share of the Lima stomach bug (I've got it right now) and the times when everyone has been feeling okay, we've tried to get out to the city to do some sightseeing. 


There's lots to talk about; we went to see the catacombs at the Monastery of San Francisco, experienced a bit of Lima nightlife, tried ceviche, finally beat Donkey Kong (sort of), and watched a very heated (literally) local soccer match. Sadly, we also said goodbye to Ania and Stu, as they are continuing on to Cuzco and Machu Picchu.


Tonight I'm traveling by overnight bus to Trujillo where I will visit the ruins of Chan Chan. Sunday I take another bus to Cajamarca to see a bunch of different sites and will be returning to Lima by...you guessed it...bus, arriving back on Wednesday morning.


Until I'm back from this multi-city mini-vacation I won't have internet access, so check back on Wednesday for around 8 new blog posts!


Ciao!
  *Kate*

No comments:

Post a Comment